Photo with 2 notes
These are the prints I bought months ago in an antique store and finally got around to hanging.
“Without the ability to fully love or be fully loved, so many of us think that the acquisition of money can bring self-esteem and happiness. I’ve enjoyed friendship with some exceedingly wealthy people. If money brought happiness, then each of them should be ecstatically happy. But I doubt whether any of them is any happier than any of my less well-to-do friends. Money, it seems, attracts more envy than empathy. More lust than love.” -Cary Grant
”No one has ever written a romance better than we lived it.” - Lauren Bacall about her and Humphrey Bogart
Katharine Hepburn Brownies
Brownies Ingredients: 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 pound butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions: 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter over very low heat in a heavy saucepan.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Quickly stir in walnuts, flour and salt.
6. Spread the batter in a well-greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the pan to a rack to cool.
Yield: 12 brownies
-Ladies Home Journal, 1975
Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh.
“Living is strife and torment, disappointment and love and sacrifice, golden sunsets and black storms. I said that some time ago, and today I do not think I would add one word.”-Laurence Olivier